How Can We Help?
Tips from Maricopa County to reduce mosquito risks
Mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance. The best thing to do is protect yourself and your family from getting bit by mosquitoes and to eliminate breeding sites. Here are a few tips from Maricopa County:
- When possible, stay inside between dusk and dawn when mosquitoes are active.
- Wear clothing that covers your arms and legs.
- Use insect repellent on exposed skin and clothes. Always follow label instructions.
- Fix broken screens in windows and doors.
- Eliminate places where mosquitoes can lay eggs. Empty standing water from buckets, flower pots, old tires, wheelbarrows, etc.
- Empty and refresh water in pet dishes and birdbaths every two days.
- More tips and information are available from Maricopa County Vector Control.
For more information, to report green pools of dead birds, or file any mosquito-related complaint, call the Maricopa County West Nile Virus and Mosquito Surveillance Hotline at 602-506-0700, or visit maricopa.gov and search for Vector Control.